Monday, December 30, 2013

COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL PLAY

              SUN BOWL   SUN BOWL  EL PASO, TX

****  UCLA -7   vs   VIRGINIA TECH

I want to start off by saying, to those who are still following, please don't lose confidence.  I know there is some reason for you to start doubting, but just hear me out.  I am about to pitch you on why one should stay on board and invest in me.  This is a very tough business.  In fact, I am basically selling certainty in an uncertain world.  This is extremely difficult to do on a consistent basis.  Damn near impossible.  It's very much like sales.  You are only as good as your last sale to the one's that are paying you.  Right now I am as good as my last 5, which I lost.  As someone who is paying me, you've got to be worried and asking yourself "what's wrong".  Just go look at the whole year, though, including the losses.  I really don't get blown out, which means I am on the right track, but some things just don't budge, because there is always going to be things you can't control.  There are sales you can't get and games you can't win.  Even Tom Hopkins met some people he couldn't sell.  With that being said, I have been a producer for the majority of this season, and this is just a rough patch.  In these kind of businesses there are bad days, bad weeks and even bad months.  I plan to redeem myself with this one play, which I am calling my Refund Play of the Year.  I like this game so much, that I think it is worth 4 out of 5 of my last plays.  If I were selling this play it would be a 100% money back guarantee.  So ya can't lose.
So here's what I like about it.  Jim Mora Jr. has really got this program on the upswing in his second year.  After a promising season last year, and then to end it with a bowl loss to a quality team, I think they have made some strides this season.  I think they are ready to shine in their bowl game this year.  It's also good that Jim Mora had offers to possible better situations, but he decided to stay and continue to build, because he thinks they can do great things.  Virginia Tech, on the other hand, has just not been good like they were in the past for some years now.  It looks like they are definitely on a downswing and coach Frank Beamer may be close to the end of his regime with the Hokies.  They finished 8-4 this year in a pretty average conference, and lost to non-ranked opponents.  The Bruins have finished 9-3 in a very tough Pac 12 conference this year.  All of their three losses were to quality ranked opponents, all of whom which are in their conference.  They have also had more impressive victories, and I really like what coach Mora is doing.  So they'll be ready to roll this Hokie team.

PREDICTED SCORE : BRUINS 34  HOKIES 13

No comments:

Post a Comment