Sunday, December 22, 2013

COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL GAME PLAY

      MILITARY BOWL, NAVY-MARINE CORP MEMORIAL STADIUM    ANNAPOLIS, MD

*** MARYLAND (+110) MoneyLine   vs    MARSHALL

I'm going ahead and discarding the +2.5 points that Marshall is favored by and taking the Moneline for this one, because I think that Maryland is winning this one.  It's going to basically be a home game for the Terps, but they have had some injuries this year, losing two receivers and two corner backs for the year. One of the corner backs will be back for this game and I really love the way Maryland coach, Randy Edsall, has his teams prepared and ready to win.  Dating back to his days as a head coach at UCONN, I am a big fan of this unsung hero.  Just watch in this game, for example, how tough, aggressive and focused his team plays, and rest assure any back ups starting will give a hell of an effort.  I think Maryland played much better competition than Marshall, who plays in the Conference USA, and can play some good defense, considering Edsall is a defensive minded coach.  I also like going against a team that got blown out in their conference championship game, as Marshall did by Rice.  I like the Terps to be able to play some D along with a smart, aggressive overall game.

PREDICTED SCORE : TERPS 28  THUNDERING HERD 20

No comments:

Post a Comment