Wednesday, January 28, 2015

SUPER BOWL XLIX ANALYSIS

                                            5 STAR PLAY

          *****  NEW ENGLAND  pick em    vs    SEATTLE

So, a person who analyzes the game and tries to pick the winner, and knows the game of football, would probably say that defense wins championships.  They would probably say that in a match this even, generally, the team with the better defense will win.  Well, defense, alone, does not win championships.  Having a great balance of both offense and defense can win championships, as well. In college, they pick the teams they think are the best during the season to play for the title, and they do this by judging the teams by their "body of work."   This means they are judged by what they have done throughout the whole season and it could be how they finished.  Quality wins definitely come in to place when deciding who the best are, and I do this when I select my two best NFL teams.  Last year Seattle had the best quality win of them all, destroying the Saints on MNF, and holding them to record-low of offensive stats.  This year, I think the Pats had the best one, by defeating the then hottest team, Denver, by 22.  I think people are forgetting how dominant New England was at times this year, and are under appreciating their defense.  The Pats are great defending the pass and just OK, but not bad, at stopping the run.  In the NFL, today, it is better to be able to stop the pass, because everyone is throwing more, and teams, with not so great defenses, have won it all.  I think the Pats have the kind of formula it takes to win the championship.  They have great balance.

I think picking this game is pretty simple for me, because I think the Pats are the better overall team, and I think they will play like it on Sunday.  The Pats have Brady and Belechik to figure out  ways to beat that Seattle defense, and they have some weapons, believe it or not.  They also have a great team rushing attack, which is difficult to stop because of it's versatility.  They have four different serviceable backs they can hand off too, which gives them fresh legs.  They also have Blount, who is a bulldozing power back, who is a little underrated in this league.  I'm not saying that the Seahawks are slouches at stopping the run, because they are pretty darn good, but you can't ignore the fact that teams have put up some yards on them in the playoffs.  I think the Pats will RUN THE FOOTBALL, and protect Brady pretty well, and it will open things up in the passing game.  I look for Brandon Lafell, who is a good young talent, to come up big for N.E. in this game.

  As for Russel Wilson, and his offense, I don't think they are as good as they were last year.  They did lose their best WR, in Tate.  Wilson is a great young player, though, but he 'aint no Brady.  At least, for now he isn't.  He is still very young and Green Bay showed us if you keep him bottled up and make him throw, that you can force some mistakes.  I think the Pats will do just that with their speedy LB's and force Wilson to throw against a very veteran, savvy bunch, in the N.E. secondary. If Green Bay was able to do it, I don't see why N.E. can't.  I do think that Wilson will throw at least 2 INT's in this game, too.  I really don't think the Pats will stop Marshawn Lynch.  I think he will probably have 100 yards, but I do think they can stop Wilson, and if they can, they can definitely win.  I look at this as a not so strong passing game of Seattle, going up against a great secondary of  N.E.  Plus, they will be cheating, so they will have the advantage, right?  Whether the Pats cheated, or not, you can't discredit all the countless hours of hard work and dedication that these teams put in.  You have to recognize that this organization is great and appreciate what they represent, which is hard work, humbleness, and a respect for the opponent.  Well, I guess you don't HAVE to, of course, if you don't like the Patriots.  You just have to go look at the facts for the spygate thing, or just anything, and realize that many other teams broke the rules or cheated, but N.E. is the only one that are being called cheaters.  That could possibly tell you something.
 
  I don't care what anyone says, but nobody, and I mean nobody, wants this game more than Tom Brady.  He plays with the most passion and drive, I think I may have ever seen, and he knows that it is now or never, because he always plays like that.  I think all the greats do.  I think they have been the best team throughout the season and this is their time.

BOLD PREDICTIONS : 1) Brandon Lafell will have anywhere from 7-10+ catches for over 100 yards.
2)Tom Brady will have more rushing yards than Russel Wilson.  I know.  This is very bold and yes, a little crazy, but Brady is not afraid to take off, and he already has a rushing TD in these playoffs.

PREDICTED SCORE : PATRIOTS  27     SEAHAWKS  23

No comments:

Post a Comment