Friday, January 9, 2015

NFL PLAYS

                              NFL DIVISIONAL ROUND  PLAY-OFFS

*** SEATTLE  -10(-120)   vs     CAROLINA

The Seahawks have the most stout defense in all of the NFL.  They are 1st against the pass and 3rd against the run, and their home field advantage is the best in the league, as well.  Last week we saw the Panthers beat a team that really had no offensive options, whatsoever.  They were down to their third string RB and QB, and I also think there are several QB's on the collegiate level that could have played better than Lindly did last week.  That was probably one of the most artificial playoff wins I've seen.  Cam Newton still continues to struggle as a passer, and while he may be able to break a few big runs on any defense, I don't think it will be close to enough to beat this team.  Everyone is saying how the Panthers played these Seahawks close every time they played them.  Well, those 3 meetings were all in Carolina and why do you think Seattle has beaten them 3 straight times?  They are the better team.  Why do you think the spread is -10.5?  Seattle is off of a bye and will be ready to take care of business and I don't think it will be so close this time.  I know the Panthers can hang in there, but I see the Hawks pulling away.  Just go look at the history of these NFL playoff teams who have won their crappy divisions with sub par records.  All 3 times it has happened, they won their first home game and then got beat badly in the next round.  Why do you think that is?  It's because they had no business being in that divisional game to begin with.  They got lucky, because they played in a really bad division and the NFL gave them a home playoff game for winning it.  Carolina had just got extra lucky, because they played a team that, basically, had no offense.  I'm not going mainly by what history says, I just think Seattle is a much better team and should dominate.  I'm buying the line down to -10 for some extra insurance, but I don't think that will come into play.

PREDICTED SCORE : SEAHAWKS  26    PANTHERS  10

*** DALLAS  +5.5   at    GREEN BAY

I'm really not looking at the Aaron Rodgers injury, and how he hasn't practiced, as much of an angle at all.  The fact is, is that he is playing, and that's that.  I just see this as a bad match up for the Packers.  Green Bay has had lots of trouble stopping the run and doesn't really play any kind of stingy defense, at all.  I don't see them being able to stop Murray for four quarters, and I think Romo will be able to carve that secondary up a little bit, as well.  They will be able to limit the time Rodgers and that offense sees the field.  I think they can make some key stops, and I see this being a great back and forth type of game.  This possibly could go either way, I just favor the Boys.

PREDICTED SCORE :  COWBOYS  30   PACKERS  27

No comments:

Post a Comment