Wednesday, December 31, 2014

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAY

                           ROSE BOWL   ROSE BOWL - PASADENA, CA

                    **** OREGON  -8    vs    FLORIDA ST

I will start this off by saying that I think there has come a time for these Seminoles of 2014 to be exposed.  For all who have watched them play this year, we have seen that they don't play really good defense at all, like they did last season.  They also don't run the ball as effectively as last year, and they don't have a big physical WR like Benjamin.  They do have WR, Rashad Green, who is pretty good, and they have Winston, the best player in college football.  So, they have been able to be very resilient and come back and win some nail biters.  They also play a not so tough, ACC schedule, and have struggled against running QB's.  I think their schedule is a big part of why Winston has gone 27-0 as a starter. I also think that these Noles have not faced any teams that are actually better than them.  Until now.  These Oregon Ducks have been very dominant, especially after their loss to Arizona.  They have become a better team because of it.  Heisman trophy winner, Marcus Mariotta, has had an unbelievable year and only thrown 2 INT's all season.  Speaking of INT's, Jameis has thrown 17 this year, compared to only 6 last year.  What does that tell you?  I don't know what it tells you, but it tells me his team is not as good and he has had to do a lot more.  I don't know why I need to keep saying this, but these are NOT the Noles from last year!  They dominated every team they played last year, beating everyone, by at least 14.  They have struggled and barely pulled off wins this year, against teams that don't even rank in the top 15.  No one they have played this year is even close to as good as Oregon is.  We have also seen that to beat the Ducks you have to be very physical, play great, disciplined defense and run the football very well, to keep that offense off the field.  That is not at all what Florida State does.  I also think the defense of Oregon is being underestimated.  Yeah, thy have given up a lot of points, but some of those points were just garbage points and they played several explosive offenses.  What explosive offense has Florida St played?  I think when I saw Oregon play Michigan St this season, I saw that this team is special.  I saw their defense make key stops and big plays.  They bent, but they never broke, and the Ducks were down by two scores, and came back to win by 19.  Oregon has 25 takeaways on defense and 34 sacks.  I am very impressed with their D line and I smell some turnovers by Winston.  I say he throws at least two picks and loses at least one fumble, and the Noles get exposed as the one dimensional team with a weak defense, that they are.

PREDICTED SCORE : DUCKS  41   SEMINOLES  27

You could wait and see that the line may go down.  You could see if it goes down to 7, or even buy it down to 7, as an insurance policy, but I don't think you really will have to. The Ducks will win by at least 10, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment