Thursday, September 7, 2017

WEEK 1 POWER PLAY 2017

**** TENNESSEE  -2 (bought down to -1 for (-140) to insure, just in case)  vs OAKLAND

The Titans are going to be an improved team in '17, from what they were last year.  I think it starts with them adding two new CB's, with rookie, Adoree Jackson, and adding free-agent, Logan Ryan.  The secondary was one of their weaknesses last year.  I think they can be improved and this will help their defense a lot, because it's going along with a good front seven.  I also think that they have added weapons, which they desperately needed.  Two of their top leading receivers from a year ago were their TE and RB.  That's not good, so they added a solid veteran, Eric Decker, and drafted a stud, Corey Davis.  They also drafted a speedy, potential weapon, Taywan Taylor.  I think Mariota will also build on last year and have a good year, because now he actually has some people to throw to.  This team went 9-7 last year, and critics say it's because they played in the worst division.  That may be true, but you also have to remember Mariota missed the last game, and they were limited on offense.
   Oakland is a team, that didn't do much to improve on defense, from last year.  I don't think their draft was that good, but I guess we will see.  They will have mostly the same starters on defense, from last year, and the defense was extremely shaky.  I think adding Cook and Lynch was not bad, but Lynch's best years are behind him, I think.  He has never played for a team, that had a passing game like this, so he should benefit from that.  I could see him starting out this year fast, and then fading.  He has a lot of miles on him.  The biggest discrepancy of the Raiders last year was the lack of quality wins.  They only beat three teams with winning records last year, whom were all one game above .500, and only one of those teams made the play-offs.  Oakland's 12-4 record last year, was one of the gaudiest I've ever seen.  They barely beat their opponents, on average, and the only tough defense they played last year, the Chiefs, they failed to score more than 13 on, and were swept in the series.  Looking at the Raiders' schedule, and how tough it is this year, I don't think they win any more than eight or nine games in '17.  I always tend to look at who the coach of a team is, and how good he is, and I don't think much of Del Rio.  I think he's above average, and that's where it ends.  Tennessee has a good offensive mind, as their head coach, and Dick LeBeau on the defensive side.  It's like I always say, two heads are better than one.  I see the Titans as a play-off team this season, and here's how I see the game going.  Tennessee was able to hold Oakland to only 17 points in a match from last season.  They lost the game by a TD, but that was with no weapons to throw to and a weak secondary.  The Titans are a new look team this year, and it will be different.  I see this as what should be a pretty close game, and even could come down to the wire.  I also see in my vision, a home opener win for the Titans, as they start a good season off the right way.

PREDICTED SCORE :  TITANS  24   RAIDERS 21

No comments:

Post a Comment