Thursday, September 14, 2017

                          ANOTHER NFL WEEK 2 PLAY

**** MINNESOTA +7(-105) AT  PITTSBURGH


I never want to react to just one game, in football, and I'm not.  I did see a lot from Minnesota in their home opener, though.  I expected this team to be a play-off team, and potentially go 11-5.  I look at what they did in 2015, when they went 11-5 with Teddy Bridgewater in at QB.  They had AP, who had 1,485 on the ground that year.  They were very well balanced.  Now, I think I definitely overestimated the Saints, but the Vikings' receiving core has definitely gotten better.  Diggs has turned into a good WR, and Thielen is really solid, too.  They both had almost 1,000 yards receiving last year, and that was with no running game, so they were keyed on more.  Just think what they can do this year, having this 1-2 punch at RB, and being able to keep defenses modest.  This Vikings team reminds me a lot of the 2013 Seattle Seahawks.  They have a nasty defense, which could be the best in the league this year, because I really don't see a weakness.  They have a very good, game managing QB, and a great running game.  For all the Bradford doubters, still out there, I will say that he led the league in completion percentage last year(71%), and only threw 5 INT's.  That's pretty impressive when you have no other dimension to your offense.  Their WR's aren't spectacular, but very solid.  I know it's early, but this team is my favorite to win the NFC, now.  I think the Steelers are a good team, but I see the Vikings going into Pittsburgh on a short week, and beating them.  I'm taking the ML too.

PREDICTED SCORE : VIKINGS 24  STEELERS 19

No comments:

Post a Comment