Thursday, November 13, 2014

***** PLAY OF THE YEAR *****

***** MISSISSIPPI ST  +8.5   at    ALABAMA

The SEC has to be my favorite conference to watch and analyze football games.  This may be because it's the closest football conference to the NFL, that you're going to get, and I've been known to put my finger on an NFL game here and there.  The reason why Bama is such a favorite in this game is because, well, they are Alabama, for one, and maybe the fact that they have beat their opponents by an average of 40 points at home.  Just go look at those opponents, though.  The first thing that I like so much about this game is the spot that Mississippi St has the Tide in.  They just played LSU down to the wire last week.  They will most probably be physically and emotionally drained, much like they were 2 years ago when they played Texas A&M.  They had just got finished playing LSU down to the wire, the week prior that year.  That was a better Tide team, and the Aggies were a damn good football team, with a really good, duel threat QB.  That brings me to my next point of Alabama's defense being suspect to a true duel threat QB.  Dak Prescott is one of the best players in college football this year and should present problems for Bama's D.  I just think that the Bulldogs are a better, more complete team.  I do not trust Blake Sims at all, and I think Mississippi St's front seven can get pressure on him, and force some mistakes.  I like the Bulldogs to win this game outright, so I'm taking the Moneyline too, at +270.

PREDICTED SCORE : BULLDOGS  30   CRIMSON TIDE  24

No comments:

Post a Comment