Tuesday, September 3, 2013

NFL WEEK 1 PLAYS

At last, here we are for week 1 of the 2013 NFL season!  I've waited a while now and been cooking up something in the summer as usual.  If you follow me then you know that I like week 1, which I always have for many years.  So let the games begin...

** CINCINNATI  +3   at   CHICAGO

I expect the Bengals to be even more solid this year due to their overall team depth and the continuing progress of their QB Andy Dalton.  So, don't be surprised to see this team go far and compete for the AFC title this year.

PREDICTED SCORE : BENGALS 20  BEARS 17

**TAMPA BAY (ML)  at   N.Y. JETS

I do expect the Jets to put up a fight in their home opener, but let's face it, their offense is going to struggle this year due to a lack of weapons and poor QB play.  At least they acquired RB Chris Ivory from N.O. who could have a good year.  I see Tampa Bay's defense being much improved and playing stingy this year.  I think having CB Derrelle Revis will have a big part to do with their defense being better, plus, there is some talent here.  The Bucs just may be able to make that NFC Wildcard in a very tough division because of their defense.  I'm going ahead and taking the Money Line for my own security.

PREDICTED SCORE : BUCS 20  JETS 10

*** DETROIT  -4.5  vs  MINNESOTA

I think this Lions team is going to be good in 2013, and you may just have to watch out for them in the NFC North division.  I think their offense is going to be a high octane machine.  They have a three-headed monster in the backfield with RB's Mikel Leshore and Joique Bell and now Reggie Bush, whom is going to make this offense dynamic, in my opinion.  They lost a lot of games last year, but played in a bunch of close ones, so they should definitely be back and better than ever.

PREDICTED SCORE : LIONS 38  VIKINGS 21

***** KANSAS CITY  -3.5  at  JACKSONVILLE

I will start by saying that the Jaguars fans do not support their team the way an NFL team needs to be and I think they should just move this team already.  I'd say Oklahoma City because they would definitely support it and are probably dying to have a team.  Their front office has been poor, even though they just got a new GM.  They still have a so-so QB in Blane Gabbert.  The guy pretty much sucks. Not too much improvement on defense, which was terrible last year.  They still have MoJo, who has been injured and not getting any younger.  One of their top WR's, Justin Blackmon will be sitting this game due to a 4 game suspension.  As for the Chiefs, I see them coming out strong this year and having a play-off caliber team in 2013.  For my followers, you may know they are my sleeper team.

PREDICTED SCORE : CHIEFS 30  JAGUARS 17

No comments:

Post a Comment