Friday, September 27, 2013

ALABAMA vs OLE MISS ATS

So this week's match up between the Rebels of Mississippi and the Crimson Tide of Bama seems to be one of the most interesting of the college football weekend.  Now, who would have known that going into this year? Anyone?  Ole Miss plus the points couldn't be a hotter play, either.  The betting line started off at Ole Miss plus 17.  For those who don't know, when a wager is placed on a certain side, the line goes up or down, whatever the case would be to favor the opposing side.  The ole Miss line has gone all the way down to 15, meaning a lot of money has gone on Ole miss to cover.  A lot of people will tell you to go against the betting public, because they usually lose.  That is pretty far from the actual truth, and I don't care about percentages in this case.  What are you going to do, bet all the games where you see the line move?  That's nuts and kind of dumb sometimes.  I mean, why can't you have a mind of your own?  What these little squirrels don't realize is that sometimes "the public" consists of very sharp bettors who bet on sports and make a very fine living doing so.  Sometimes these guys put substantial amounts of money on a game and it moves the line a lot.  I'm talking millions and millions total of money bet by sharps on one single game.  Now that's how you make money son!  I called Ole Miss as my sleeper in the SEC and I thought going into this season  that they could give Bama a tight game, maybe even a scare.  I think Ole Miss's offense looks a little better than I expected and their defense is going to get better, I believe.  It could start this week because they have an extreme challenge in their way.  I'm sticking with my theory that Ole Miss is a real competitor in the SEC and college football all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment