Wednesday, September 4, 2013

2013 NFL PREVIEW

Many of us Real football fans, like myself, are feeling that itch to the extreme right now.  If you are this kind of fan then you know what itch I'm talking about.  I'm referring to the fans who believe that missing football Sunday is like skipping out on church.  So you all may have seen the power rankings for the NFL.  This here is my take on how I see things panning out this year. I think the NFC will be a power conference this year and it starts with the final two play-off teams last year.  San Francisco will still have one of the league's best defenses and they picked up Boldin who is money.  This is really going to come in handy, due to Crabtree's season ending injury, although he could still play late in the year.  I think Anquan Boldin came here to win another ring because he knows he can, and be a big part of the reason why.  Atlanta may not pose as fancy of a record as last year, or start as fast, but I think the additions of Osi and Steven Jackson were of great quality for their needs to put them over that edge to win it.  Steven Jackson has had 8 straight 1,000 yard rushing years and has only been to the play-offs once, but never played for a winning team.  That's right, and I believe a player like him will make the most of this season, because he knows he may not get another chance like this.  They have the best WR core in the league in my opinion, and now have him as an option.  That's kind of scary.  It is also about being healthy and hot at the right time now days in the NFL, so watch out in January.  The Saints look like they are probably going to be unstoppable on offense, once again.  Their defense is a question mark for me.  They need to rush the passer, so Cameron Jordan and Akiem Hicks need to have good years, and they could, especially Jordan.  They also need someone to step up at the safety position and force some turnovers and hit the quarterback.  If that happens, watch out, because they will be dangerous as hell.  Detroit is another team who could have an offense very difficult to stop and with an above average defense, could also do a little damage in this conference.  Green Bay should at least have more balance this year with rookie RB's Eddie Lacy and Jonathan Franklin, who had a monster year last year with UCLA.  I still don't see their defense being too good, so even with the best QB they may just not have enough.  Over to the AFC, I will start with Denver being the most dangerous when healthy, and I think will probably end up making the Superbowl.  Then again, there is always going to be that thought of how may times teams with Peyton Manning have come up short when expected to win it all.  I'm even going back to his college days.  Go do some research on it.  I really could see the Bengals winning their division and making it to the conference final.  I still think the Patriots will be really good, despite their big losses.  I think Belichek will change it up a little this year and be more of a ground and pound offense, much like their glory days in '03-'04.  They have a three-headed monster in Ridley, Vareen and now LeGarrette Blount, who is a big, bulldozing, goal line type back.  Houston will still be a leader in their division and the conference, but I just don't have much faith in their QB to seal the deal.  Andrew Luck and his Colts are still going to be competetive, but I also don't see 11-5 again, but you never know with how good that kid Luck is.  So I'll go ahead and give a little prediction here.

AFC  Wildcard Prediction:

Bengals over Steelers

Texans over Colts

AFC Divisional Round Prediction:

Bengals over Patriots

Broncos over Texans

AFC Championship Game Prediction

Broncos over Bengals


NFC Wildcard Prediction:

I sat down and tried to break this shit down, but this conference is going to be so damn tough and competitive I really just can't predict that much.  There will be key injuries for sure so I guess we will wait and see.  I do know there might be some 10-6 teams that miss the post season, just like last year, hell, 11-5 missing wouldn't surprise me.  I think Detroit could make some noise this year, and the Giants could be back to play-off form.  Dallas has a chance to make it but just expect Tony Romo to come up short in a big, clutch situation. Once again it could be who is most healthy at this time, and lord only knows who that could be.


NFC Championship Game:

San Francisco over Atlanta


Niners win it all and Anquan Boldin could be in the Hall of Fame.  That is all for tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment