Tuesday, January 15, 2013

THIS TUESDAY'S TAKE

I will start off by saying how wrong and down right retarded I was with my last two picks/statements.  I went  against Nick Saban in a championship game.  That's a serious no-no.  He's now 8-1 and the only guy to beat him is a great coach, also.  I basically picked a media darling who had a lot of Catholic white guys going up against a bunch of thorough-bred swamp niggas.  Was I insane?  I swear it wasn't my meds.  Well, I thought there would be an upset but now I realize that not only is Saban the greatest college coach of all time, but his current program is the greatest college football has ever seen.  They lost 10 starters, I was incorrect when I mentioned  8.  They have an NFL farm team that just keeps producing the best talent.  Now on to to the pros, let's talk about how I expected a choking QB to win it all.  Yes the defense of Denver was bad defending the deep ball and they made some dumb decisions on offense, but they didn't really trust Peyton on third down late in the game.  He's a MVP player for Christ's sake, and you don't trust him.  Peyton and the offense weren't all that great in this game, being the fact they had two special teams TD's. The thing is that your MVP QB who had the season of his life threw 2 INT's, fumbled really twice, and threw across his body on second down, a throw which he knows that you just don't make.  Why did he throw it, you might ask.  CAUSE HE'S A CHOKER!!!!  "But they shouldn't even have gone to OT" Does that excuse a guy making a bone-head play in a crucial situation?  Like if you put a guy in an uncomfortable environment that he's not used to and is just very uncomfortable and he kills someone, is it ok?  "Well he shouldn't have been in that environment."  Excuses, excuses.  Which are always made by Manning supporters for him not getting it done.  Why is it that this guy usually just shrinks in the clutch or when the play-offs begin.  Just go look at his statistics in the post season all time.  He's just an average QB who you really can't trust to win a big game.  He's lost the most play-off games in the first game than anyone I believe.(8)  Well now with the final four teams I think the most complete team left is the team I thought was one of the most complete in the beginning of the season.  The Forty-Niners.  They've showed they can score and have a defense-eating QB and the best defense in the league, arguably, and the best one left, and they RUN THE FOOTBALL!! The way Atlanta squeezed by in their game and they way they just kind of deflated towards the end, showed me with how they set up that winning FG, they got lucky.  I really don't see them stopping San Fran at all.  Baltimore has a lot to play for, as we all know, but also an underrated QB and offense, so I think they've got a shot.  I do not think they will have much of an answer for that up tempo offense of New England, but it should be lots of fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment