Wednesday, June 5, 2013

NBA FINALS 2013

Well, I'd like to start off by saying that I was wrong about the Memphis Grizzlies.  I thought it was a good valued bet at anywhere from 7/1 to 13/1 odds to get to the Finals, but with no 3 point shooting ability and a lack of speed, that just wasn't possible this year.  I'll also say that I underestimated the Spurs, but I also don't want to overestimate them now that they've made the Finals.  They haven't won a championship or even made one in 6 years, but with the fact of how old their stars are and that they are here now is very impressive.  Let's not get over our heads now, because they have to play the Heat, which ARE a great team.  Leave all opinions aside.  They won 27 in a row this year and 66 total.  The only team who had a slight chance of beating them was the Pacers, due to the fact that it was just a bad match up for Miami.  Guess what, though?  They still couldn't beat them, and it's mainly because they have the best player and he is unstoppable.  Tim Duncan is not the player he was in 2007, but can still play defense.  Manu is not even close to the same player as he was, but Tony Parker is still great. Well, we'll see how great he is when Lebron covers him.  I'm going with the Miami Heat to win this series 4-2, as I see San Antonio having no answer for Lebron.  That's because no one does.

No comments:

Post a Comment