Monday, August 26, 2013

2013 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREVIEW

So this year's preview is a little different because it will change up from here and then, because it all depends on how I preview the season, and last year I did rankings as predictions on how teams would finish.  This year I just have my personal preview for the season, and it starts with stating that Alabama will most probably win a third in a row, because if I've ever witnessed a dynasty in any sport, they were much like this current Crimson Tide program.  Their QB A.J. McCarron came back to finish his senior year for a reason, and I think this guy is on a mission.  He threw a whopping 30 TD's and only a mere 3 INT's last season, and I think that is super impressive in just about any conference you play in.  They have their top three wide outs from last year back, including Amari Cooper, who had 59 catches for 1,000 yards and 11 TD's.  They get back TB TJ Yeldon, who I think could be a great ball player, and Dee Hart who was hurt for mostly all of last year.  They will have less of an offensive line than they did last year, but last year's just might have been the best in history, so less is not so bad.  They return seven starters on defense and have mostly upperclassmen guys who will probably plug right in just fine. They will always have a really good defense with the best defensive coach in college football, in Saban.  Most of all, they are the closest thing to an NFL team you will see, and be honest with yourself, who else is going to beat them this year?  Moving on to who I think they could play in the BCS Championship game.  Ohio State, who will have Heisman hopeful, QB Braxton Miller and a good returning offense, could be a candidate, but only 4 starters coming back on defense, and I think that is ok, because Urban Meyer may be the second best coach in college and they play a non-difficult schedule for a contender.  Their toughest games will be Michigan and Michigan St this season. Now you should know why they are a potential candidate.  I believe Georgia lost too much on defense, plus QB Aaron Murray is very good but showed an inability to close last year, and Mark Richt usually comes up short in high expectation type seasons.  I do think that their first game at Clemson could be one of the best games to see this year.  Both of these teams are going to have great offenses and Clemson QB Tajh Boyd is another serious Heisman candidate.  I really don't know how to call it other that it's going to be close.  I think the Tigers have a great chance, and I think they'll win the ACC this year and possibly have a special season.  By that I mean they go to the BCS final game and get smoked by Bama.  I really don't see LSU doing that much this year, due to the big losses on defense and offense, and I don't have big hopes for new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, because the dude didn't do shit in either league he's coached in.  I see at least three losses for the Tigers this year, and also see their opener vs TCU being tough.  Notre Dame will be good again, getting a BCS bowl game.  Oregon is another team who could possiibly be a BCS Championship contender, because they have the same offense, with a really good QB.  Everyone seems to be saying to watch out for Florida St this year, and I just think that's hard to say without knowing how their redshirt Freshman QB Jameis Winston will look like.  I expect them to be good just not great.  While on the topic of Florida teams, I will say that I don't expect too much from the Gators.  They do have talent, but I am still not sold on QB Jeff Driskel or the coaching staff, although they should still be tough, due to the talent they get.  So this seems to be all I have to say for the upcoming College Football season.  I see Alabama repeating again, and I'm not really sure who will play them, but they probably won't have that great of a chance to beat them, whoever it may be. I guess I'll go with the Buckeyes, because they have a Heisman trophy candidate and a great coach.  Stay tuned for some college picks, and if there's any team you would like me to shed light on just add a comment.  Enjoy the season....I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment